The Registered Managers role in children’s homes is critical to children receiving high quality care, and in the home achieving good inspection outcomes. This is a professional role that is broad, demanding and rewarding. The recent Ofsted Commentary (February 2020) stated that in successful homes, Registered Managers value their personal development and access to support is an important theme.
Following the success of our Registered Managers Training Days last year and the numerous requests we received for an ongoing opportunity to meet, we are delighted to launch the CHQ Registered Manager’s Network! Using Zoom we will facilitate a quarterly 2 hour session that will include:
• Discussions on areas of regulation and practice
• Opportunity to learn and share with other Registered Managers
• Up to date information on developments and research within the children’s homes sector
• Reflective space to safely share thoughts and nourish yourself
• Medium sized groups to enable maximum participation.
• Opportunities for smaller group discussion using breakout rooms
• Groups are designed to reflect the diversity of children home provision, including short breaks.
Other CHQ Registered Manager Network Benefits
• Initial advice and support with regulatory and practice concerns
• Certificate of attendance and outline of topics covered to evidence CPD
Cost: £130 per year
This is a professional network and is only open to Registered Managers of Children’s homes or Managers going through the registration process. If the Registered Manager is unable to attend a meeting, a RI or Deputy Manager can attend a on their behalf.
The network will begin in July 2020. The actual dates will be set once numbers have been confirmed.